Monday, February 16, 2009

Kona and Our Sealing

On Feb 12 Dara, my mother, and I got on a plane and flew to kona...


Photobucket








Photobucket

When we got there i guess i didn't remember how small the airport was. We had to walk off the plane and down a few steps and walk to the gate. Here's Dara walkin his cute butt to the gate.
Photobucket

We stayed at the King Kamehameha Hotel i guess it's a really old hotel it kind of smelled old and musty but heres the wonderful view from out room. It's a good thing we're not a bunch of drunk college kids cuz if i fell off this roof i'd really get hurt...lol! It's such a far drop!!!!

Photobucket

Our first day there Dara and I went walking along the little strip they have next to our hotel. It was like a mini waikiki meets the swap meet all in one tiny place...lol it was cute! Here's a few pics of our time before dinner.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We went to a farmers market and Dara made a new friend!

Photobucket

Photobucket

He's so cute!! Oh yeah so is the Lizard!!!!!!

Photobucket


The walk back to our hotel was amazing!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We found the seet that Forest sat on from Forest Gumps.

Photobucket

Here the saying next to dara oh i mean Forest!!!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Well mom had to go to the airport to pick up Dad and grandpa when they got in we all went out to eat at this place called Fish Hoppers....It was alright...not the best but not the worst!!


Photobucket


Photobucket

Here is Dad and Dara helpping Grandpa get down the stairs and into his wheelchair. Fun Times Fun Times!!!

Photobucket

The next day we all smooshed our selfs into our car with food and snacks for a 3 hour drive to south hilo to see the Valcanos.


On the way to the volcanos we stopped off to see one of the black sand beaches wow it's black sand not dirty sand i promise...lol! it was really windy can you tell?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We had a blast walking and running out of our car and to the places we were going to see. And when i say running i mean running cuz man was it cold!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



As soon as we got back we had to hurry to the Kona Temple.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Can I just say this is an amazing Templ! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Our experiance there was amazing! It touched my heart in more ways then one. Words could not have done this place and my feelings about what it means to me.


Photobucket

Next morning we got up and went back to the temple to get sealed. For those of you who do not know exactly what i mean by that it's just like a marriage but instead of saying till death do you part. They seal the couple and their future children together for time and all eternity. So now Death will not take Dara away from me or I from him. WOW! isn't that amazing he's mine now forever and ever.

Photobucket

I kind of got carried away with the beautiful flowers around the temple!!!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Then we went to eat at the Big island Grill...good food. The owners are mormon and they give you so much food it's so worth the money!!!

After eating we need to work off the pounds of food we just ate so John and Lindsey and Dara and I went walking on the strip. While Mom and dad and Grandpa took some people to the air port. We just walked around killing time!

We found Dara's new pal and his friends!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also found more flowers...
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

2 comments:

Julie said...

That is so neat that you got sealed!! I'm so happy for you! and how fun to go to Kona to do it!! It looks beautiful there!! I'm coming out there in like 2 1/2 weeks! I will be in Laie Tues, Wed, and Thursday (March 24,25,26) I think we will stay at the Laie Inn but I haven't made reservations yet! I'm so stoked to see you if you are around!!!

Unknown said...

OMG!!! I am sooo happy for you guys!!! I love that you made it to the temple!! Isnt it amazing!!! can you believe where we are compared to 5 or years ago? I am so so so happy for you guys! I love Kona, its the best!! Congrats on your sealing!!