Well it's been 6 months since I've updated our blog. Wow, and so much has changed. Dara, Kayla, and I moved into my grandpa's apartment after he passed. Which has been nice it's a small one bedroom one bath apartment. The kitchen, living room, and dining room are all connected. We don't eat in our dining room cuz that is where Kayla's crib is. We don't cook in our kitchen cuz our stove is not hooked up yet. We do how ever finally get to sleep in our room without Kayla. So we do get more sleep, thank goodness. This apartments is still connected to my parents house but we have our own front door. So in a small (very small) way we have a small tasted to Independence with out the huge ridicules rent. Thanks mom and dad I'd be living in our car if it wasn't for you. OH THE CAR!!!!! OK so New years eve Dara Kayla and I slept over at Dara's sisters house Thoy (it was fun thanks sis) But when we went to our car to leave the next day it was gone. Some one had stolen our Honda civic. The car i hated cuz it was a two door small small non family car. So I was hurt that we didn't get to sale it and use that money to get a new one. But deep down very deep down I was kinda sorta happy. Cuz now we had to get a new bigger 4 door car. And Soni (Dara's other sister) be awesome like always gave us her car. She had just moved to Japan (be for the disaster) and said if we paid for the shipping from Ct we could have it. So when taxes came around we jumped on it. We just picked it up this week. So we'd been with out our own car for 3 months now.
KAYLA!!!! my favorite subject. Wow has her world changed. Not only is this stink pot walking but she's running. Not very well at running yet (thank heaven) but she tries to run all day.

See she's in that I'm gonna test mom and dad stage. She thinks we don't now how stinkin smart she is. But we do, so we don't let her get away with much. But she sure does love to try. Keeps me on my toes and Ive lost a few pounds since she turned one. The BIG ONE!!! yep Kayla turned one on us already. The party was well...good...I was a little embarrassed at how unorganized i was. First time throwing a first birthday. Next year I'll remember that. And for all you moms out there who have never been the mommy at a 1st birthday. Remember this: it's not going to run as smoothly as you hope- so don't plan on it. If you have a hubby like mine who thinks he's helping you but just makes what your trying to do seem so much more complicated then it was ment to be get over it and just let him do it. But all in all it was a blast. The kids all seemed to love it.

Kayla attacked her 1st frosted cake full force. I loved it frosting every where, even on the wall to the bathroom. See I told you she's clever...lol!
In just that last month since she turned 1 it's really changed. She has found this diva in herself I wish she'd loose. She hates to be fed, she wants to hold all her food.
So that tons of baby food we have, well lets just say i don't even want to know what she'll do with that if i let her feed herself. She is using sign language to help us know what she wants. She can say please, more, out, milk, and drink (drink is the newest one so she sticks her pointy finger in her mouth and sucks on it as she pulls it out of her mouth, close enough...lol) and I'm working on eat next. She dances, boy does she dance. any time a song of any kind comes on she pops out that big booty of hers and drops its likes it hot. We walk over to foodland almost everyday, if even just to get out of the house. She is that most social baby I've ever seen. In just one trip she grabbed a strangers finger and that lady walked us 6 shops from where she was heading. At the bank she leaned over to the lady in front of us and pulled on her shirt till she picked her up. then at foodland I was talking to this older man from our ward and she leaned for him to. Then when i was checking out Kayla threw herself at the bag girl, who had no choice but to hold her. Last but not least as we walked out we saw an older lady from our ward and Kayla leaned to her till she held her. I mean this was all one trip, and this was normal. All people I knew, so I was not worried. Kayla does try to go to people I don't know but I will not let her. I tell her sorry mommy doesn't know that, and its not good to go to people mommy doesn't know. I have my work cut out for myself with this girl. So all in all these 6 months have been full of new adventures in mommy-hood. I just love it! I must kiss Kayla a million times a day. I just can't stop, can you blame me she just so stinkin cute!
I play with her and we watch her silly cartoons. She helps me vacuum and sweep (so the house does need to help in that department...lol) she gets mad when I wash dishes- cuz shes to young to help me. She holds my leg and just cries- not every time but 90% of the time. She is growing up and becoming a very large little girl.
I could just eat her up...and some days... I wish I had! (love this quote- from some tv commercial)
1 comment:
Hannah - Kayla is gorgeous! They grow up SO fast don't they?! It was fun to catch up on what's been going on with you and your cute lil' family. That's cool that you guy's have your own space I bet that is nice! :)
Post a Comment