Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Doctor visit update

Doctor update at 37 weeks:

I lost 1 lb...all she was worried about was if I was eating. I eat every 2 hours or I get sick, so she’s not worried. She also said w/ all the contractions my body is working off some calories and weight loss is normal as long as it’s only 1 or 2 lbs. Next week she hopes my weight is not still going down. So I guess it’s bring on the junk food...lol junk food doesn’t even sound good to me. Other new from the doctor visit the babies heart rate is beautiful (her words) and the measurements of my belly is perfect. So she’s not worried about the baby at all. The new update is that the baby has significantly dropped (her words again). I was telling my mom how I think Kayla has dropped just the other day, so it’s nice to know that even though this is my 1st baby I’m understanding my body to some extent. The doctor then asked me about any constrictions last week. I told her that since I’ve felt Kayla drop I’ve had very light crampy feelings. Then last night I had some braxton hics got so bad it felt like some one was ripping my stomach apart. The doc then said that is normal and a good sign that my uterus is working well and getting ready for the big day. She asked me what I was doing at the time the braxton hics started. I was vacuuming at one time then I sat down and it went away then 10 min later I was cooking dinner and it started again. No real rhythm or timing to them but I sat down and they went away again. The clinic was packed full w/ preggy moms and babies so it was a little hectic at the doctors visit. She was kind of moving a little fast and said there was no need to check my cervix. I was a little bummed, I had a feeling I may have started to dilate or at least went from 50% effaced to maybe even 60%. But she looked like she was in a hurry she really tried not to show it, so I didn’t say anything. Now I have to wait a whole week to see how everything is progressing. It’s nice to know that Kayla has dropped even though I already knew that. I do woddle a lot more and it feels like I’ve got a football between my legs. Making walking an adventure all in it’s self...lol! Well that is about it, it was a very short visit.

Personal thoughts:

It still has not hit me that in what could be less then 3 weeks my little girl will be here. Dara and I watched Kayla hiccup last night, my tummy bounced w/ every little hiccup. It was so fun to watch and I got to feel it from the inside. Oh I’m gonna miss that so much! I’m so excited to see what our little girl is going to look like. I was laying down and feeling her move and I just laid there and tried to imagine her here out of my belly. It just has not hit home yet, guess that wont happen till I’m in the hospital.

3 comments:

Jensen Ohana said...

How exciting!! I can't wait to meet lil' Kayla!!

Atwood Ohana said...

Hannah! It was great seeing your blog again. I have been away for what seems like FOREVER! We moved and in our new home, we dont' have internet yet. But If I don't get to come on here before baby comes...CONGRATS! It's so close! you are going to be a beautiful mom in and out. What a lucky little girl Kayla will be. Love ya!!!!!! And best of luck during labor. you'll do great!

carolyn said...

Aloha Hannah,
It's great to see your blog again...I've been so busy driving my daughters to gymnastics that I hadn't time to catch up on alot of stuff. I am happy to hear you and baby are doing well..I do remember those Braxton Hic days when I was pregnant with each of my kids. The hiccups are pretty funny to feel and watch the tummy move up and down...Savor every last minutes of the pregnancy and before you know it Kayla will be here in person. You and Dara will be GREAT parents!! So glad you have your family here, too! Best of luck in everything!

Love and hugs,

Carolyn Ralph