Sunday, March 7, 2010

The birth of baby Kayla Debra Ngeat

On Monday around 4pm Dara and I arrives at Moana Loa hospital. I was having contractions every 2 min, or right on top of each other. Lasting anywhere from 1 to 2 minutes long, and I was screaming the whole time. Mostly to help me remember to breath, I was in that much pain. At the first check I was at 3cm and in 30-45 min they checked again and I was at 7cm.So I got the epidural cause if i was moving that fast I knew I didn't have much time till the pain really started. As they finished putting the meds in my mom made it to the hospital. It felt good to have my mommy there, I had Dara there but to have my mommy made thing feel even better. But as luck may have it the meds slowed things down and almost 10 hours later I started to feel that pushing pressure. I was still only at a 9.5 cm, let me explain; one side of the cervix was swollen and not letting my baby drop. So they told me not to push yet, that was really hard to try not to do. Because by now the epidural was wearing off, and I was starting to shake from the pain I was in. Finally I was at 10 cm around 2:50 am, but the babies head was still to high for pushing. So yet again they said don't push, they took some blood to do test just in case I had to have a emergency c-section. Finally I told the nurse I had a strong feeling to push, I needed to push. So she said let's give it a try, and with one push the babies head dropped all the way down. By now I was in so much pain I felt like throwing up. Making pushing really hard to do when by the count of 4 you feel the need to throw up. Finally around 3:10am I felt her head pop half way out and was told to stop pushing. I was like WHAT THE **** STOP PUSHING ARE YOU CRAZY!!!! The Doctor and other nurses came rushing in. I kept screaming in pain "Please let me push, I need to push." The pain was just becoming to much and the pressure from feeling her head stuck right there was unbearable. I looked over at Dara who had tears in his eyes. He looked at me and said "She's right there." I felt this encouragement from those words and his tears. Finally my doctor got her gloves on and said push. With in 2 pushes I felt her whole head pop out and yet again was told not to push. Funny the docs telling you not to when every part of your body is yelling for you to push and push now. Then I was told to push small, and let me tell you that was the hardest thing to do in the whole labor. Then I felt the 1st shoulder pop, then the next. Then everything slowed down. I heard this next part happens so fast, but to feel it happening made it more real for me. I felt the baby slide out like butter, and I knew at this very moment they would be placing her in my chest. Then there she was crying and oh so adorable, born at 3:21 am- that's only a half hour of pushing. She was born March 2, 2010 (that's 01-2-3 backwards) at 3:21 AM, and her weight was 6 lbs 10 oz, length is 18.9 inches. And on March 4, 2010 around 5 AM I finally knew her name... KAYLA DEBRA NGEAT. Kayla is the only name Dara and I could agree on, and it so fits her. Debra is after my mother- I knew that was the middle name cause there is only one other girl in this life that even comes close to how much I love Kayla, and that was my mother!

That is my labor and delivery of our baby girl! And here are just a few pics we took of her at the hospital!!!
Just seconds after Kayla was born.
Mommy and Kayla right after she was born.
Kayla's adorable face!

The Ngeat family not even an hour after birth!
Daddy and his little girl!
Look at her little feet, their as small as my thumbs, AWWWWWW!
Look at this adorable face- I love her so so much!!!!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

oh she is sooooo beautiful! Reading your story and about Kayla brought tears to my eyes - so sweet. (or maybe it's the pregnancy hormones kicking in!) So happy to read your story. You and Dara are already the BEST parents! :)